October 23, 2014

Logic - Under Pressure



I' ll be honest with you, it took me a few days to really dissect this one but without further ado I present to you “Under Pressure” the debut Album and first major label release from Logic. As a fan of Logic, I have followed his career and have become very fond of the mixtape series “Young Sinatra”. Logic is one of those rappers who can kill any beat with his superb lyricism.
 
My main concern was that, like most rappers who sign to major labels, he would lose his artistic freedom and be forced to put out something very average (e.i. Wale on his first record deal with Interscope/Warner Bros). That being said Logic stayed true to himself and put together a quality album. “Under Pressure” has that classic bobbysoxer flow, however, with the help of Def Jam, Logic is able to add a new dimension to his music by way of big name features like Big Sean and Childish Gambino. A few of my personal favorite tracks are “ Nikki”, “Under Pressure”, and “Driving Ms Daisy”, but its no far cry to say all the songs on this album are more than solid. I hope that this Album takes the hip-hop world by storm. Logic has a bright future and “Under Pressure” is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment